Day 16: Santorini to Rome

I flew from Santorini to Athens to Rome today. Upon arrival I was personally greeted by the Pope and we went back to his place and partied and drank screwdrivers.

That would be awesome.

Upon arrival I barely missed the train to town, so I had to sit and wait for half an hour. I got on the train and ended up talking to a Libyan guy for the entire trip - he was cool. I don't really know what relations the U.S. has with Libya, but I think it's one of the no-no countries, right? Well, regardless, he was very friendly and enjoyed talking about his country and his travels.

I found the train that goes to my hotel fairly easily despite the maze under Roma Termini rail station. The bed and breakfast, Roman and Italian B&B is the name I believe, is AWESOME! Very nice room, big shower, wireless Internet, and very secure (three keys: one to get into the building, one to get into the flat, and one to get into the room in the flat. And I have yet to meet a single unfriendly person. The receptionist at the B&B was very nice, the lady in the pizzeria downstairs gave me a free fried mozzarella and rice ball thing - it was good - and all the random people I've had to interact with have been courteous and helpful.

I basically did nothing today. I haven't seen any sites. All I did was arrive, eat, get on the Internet, and go shopping. I felt like pampering myself with real shampoo + conditioner and real bath gel stuff and real bath scrubby thingies. I haven't felt clean until today. Hotel soap and shampoo sucks. I bought some toenail clippers to clip my wicked-long toenails too! It was like walking around with swords sticking out of my feet - which would be awesome if I was kickboxer, but not so awesome for an ordinary bum such as myself.

Then I ate again, just for the hell of it, and finally came back to the hotel to post all these lovely blogs and photos. I chatted with a few you online too. Its nice to hear from my friends. I'm RIDICUDONKULOUSLY excited about Andrea's arrival tomorrow morning!!! I will probably spend all day squeezing her to death until her cute little head just pops right off.

I hope she's wise enough to wear some kind of armor underneath her shirt. Or maybe she'll have a taser - that might save her.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best days I've spent traveling was in Rome when I started around St. Peter's square and walked around. No museums, no landmarks (unless they were free and had no lines), just admiring the city. Rome is so beautiful that you don't need to do touristy things to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that's so cute I just might puke

    ReplyDelete