Day 14: Santorini

Today was a full day. I booked a tour of Santorini for 20 euro. Basically, I got a bus ride to the port on the other side of the island, then I took a boat to the volcano caldera, the hot springs, Thirasia, and finally I was dropped off to see the sunset in Oia. I missed my tour bus back to Perissa, so I ended up taking the local bus instead. I was fucked over by an Asian couple though. I was supposed to get off the bus at Fira and transfer to another bus. So, the bus stopped and this couple got off, and I got off, and I expected everyone to get off behind me, but then the doors to the bus closed and it left, and there I was standing in the middle of nowhere, not Fira. I walked to a local shop and asked, "Fira?" "No, Fira is down the road." "How do I get there? Is there another bus in half an hour or something?" "Half hour, 2 hours, who knows, it's only 30 minutes by foot." So, I started walking to Fira. It was actually kinda nice, because the moon was full, the stars were out, and there was a cool breeze. After getting to Fira, I caught the transfer bus to Perissa and made it home before midnight. There was supposed to be some big, happening full moon party tonight at the Beach Bar, so I went to that, but I couldn't find anyone I knew there, so I left. I am worn out. I'll have to sleep in and maybe just chill on the beach some more tomorrow, heh. This place is so much better than a big city right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment