Rice-A-Roni

The San Francisco treat. My girlfriend Andrea (or, as I like to call her, "SweetieTron 2000") and I went to San Francisco like... a couple weeks ago or something. I haven't written about it because, you know, like... whatever. ... OK, that's my best attempt to emulate a Californian. I'll stop now, because San Francisco was nothing like I was expecting. I met no one who acted like this. Also, my idea of California being "72 degrees all the time" was shattered. I had to go to Macy's to by a new coat because I hadn't packed for cold, wet weather. In fact, the only stereotype the held true was that San Francisco has a large gay population. They have gay in spades. The city reminded me a lot of New York City, particularly because there were so many parallels: Union Squares, ethnic provinces (Chinatown, Little Italy, etc.), big city parks, excellent public transportation (buses, subways, etc.) In fact, I would say that if you dropped me in San Francisco or New York and didn't tell me which one, the only way I would be able to tell would be because SF isn't flat, and it has weird electric buses that have arms reaching up to power cables that are all over all the roads. Also, San Francisco's Golden Gate Park is far superior to lame ol' Central Park in New York. The Dutch Windmill was awesome. The trees were awesome. It's a very pretty area in general. The suburbs (about 20 minutes from the center of town) are more like the image I had of California with the beach, the town homes, and the steep ass-and-leg-mutilating hills. There was no reason for this trip other than just to travel. It was very nice to just go somewhere with ST2000. I'm glad that I got to meet some of her friends too. They were very friendly, entertaining people. I'm slowly getting to know this mysterious California girl that I'm dating, hehe. I'm excited about future travel abroad with my broad. I'll post pictures of this trip soon.

Andrea said...
babooon head...that trip was pretty miserable what with the tonsilities and back injuries...but it was nice to have a vacation with yous. :)
2/07/2007 2:05 PM
Anthony said...
'sweetietron 2000?' dude.
2/13/2007 8:41 AM
Evans Tucker said...
You're just jealous cuz you didn't come up with it first.
2/13/2007 8:50 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment