Links Of The Day (LOTD)

Started a new blog just to throw day-to-day junk in: links, random thoughts, whatever. Here's the first post - a bunch of links I had on my desktop at work. I'm trying to clean it up so I can focus a little better.
  • BarracudaDrive - a free file/web server for you home machine.
  • Supreme Commander - the totally sweet (so I'm told) sequel to Total Annihilation.
  • Mini vMac - old school Mac emulator.
  • PortableApps Suite - a suite of web programs (Firefox, Thunderbird, etc) all designed to run from a USB key (so you don't have to dick up your friends' computers with a bunch of software they'll never be enlightened enough to understand anyway).
  • Bootable USB Key - instructions on making a bootable USB key using Knoppix.
  • QEMU - open source processor emuluator (essentially an open source VMWare).
  • FreeOSZoo Project - a bunch of images of free operating systems for QEMU.
  • Portable Virtual Privacy Machine - a virtual linux computer that runs on Windows, Linux, or Mac from a USB key with no install. Basically, a mini computer-within-a-computer that you can run on any machine that has a bunch of builtin crap that makes your web browsing anonymous. It's kinda neat, but kinda slow.
  • Topaz - some funky sax player that's worked with Thievery Corp. Coincidentally, he's my co-worker's cousin and he lives two doors down from me. I haven't met him in person yet.
  • Meebo - an awesome web-based instant messaging program that works with pretty much all IM networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment