World of Warcraft: The Scourge of Our Generation

So, I'm playing WoW now. I had a LAN party a couple of weeks ago. My girlfriend attended it - she's quite a gamer, by the way. She learned real time strategy and first person shooter games pretty quickly! Anyway, she'd been getting a lot of pressure from her coworkers to try WoW. At my LAN party, some of my friends showed her WoW and she liked it, so she decided to finally give it a shot. I said, "aw, fuck it, I'll play too". We've both been playing a lot lately. I'm having dreams wherein I am questing in World of Warcraft. It's ridiculous. I amuse myself with creating new characters with funny names. I have a gnome mage named Acorn, an undead warrior named Bitey, a troll priest named Priestzor (an homage to Jake and his love of the suffix "-zor"), and my new favorite, a tauren hunter named Laughter, because you can't have "slaughter" without "laughter", hehe. I'm clever. Anyway, the game is decent. It's a glorified 3D version of Diablo basically. I need to slow down, by which I don't mean "play less", but just play at a slower pace. When you get into this game, people are all about levelling up and questing and killing and PvPing. I kinda just want to see the massive virtual world and appreciate it's beauty. I want to thoroughly explore every town and read every quest, not just run through it. But, if you want to play with your friends, you have to play at their pace. And I'm running behind already. Guess I need to spend more time playing somehow, heh. Stupid addictive game. I don't know how long it will last. I do love fishing with my virtual character in a video game, but I don't know if I will enjoy paying $15 a month for it forever. I still need to explore the world of Second Life some more too...

Andrea said...
WoW is so great I think about it every day all day long and I play it in my dreams. -WoW Addicts Anonymous
12/20/2006 9:54 AM
Patrick said...
I guy I used to work with was in a guild called The Target Dummies. They had a sub-group called the Stunt Club. The Target Dummy Stunt Club would regularly find the tallest peaks and buildings in WoW and jump off of them. Some where out there is movies of these nuts jumping off shit.
1/03/2007 10:34 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment