Pictures: Las Vegas 2009

As a "secret Santa" Christmas gift, Andrea's dad gave us a gift card for a two-night stay at the Polo Towers in Las Vegas! We went a day early and stayed at the Rio, which was nothin' special. I sat around memorizing the rules for blackjack and then we went to the Gold Coast. Everything I memorized when out of my head. Couldn't even do basic math. After a mere three hands and we ended up buying a pack of cards and playing in our room instead.

The next day we walked all up and down the strip in search of $5 blackjack tables. The weather was nice, but there was a lot of construction, and an insane amount of guys handing out prostitute cards. The streets are littered with them. They have a hilarious lack of respect too - they were reaching across my wife to try to get me to take the cards. At one point we just laughed and started taking them. I got a thick stack of cards featuring various women wearing nothing but tiny (occasionally misplaced) stars... Oh Vegas, you have such a unique charm... That evening we met up with my cousin Claire, who I hadn't seen for probably 15 years. As it turns out, she's awesome! We hung out with her all evening. We dined at Sea Blue, saw Cirque du Soleil's "KA", and then got a table at Tabu ultralounge. It was like a normal lounge, but "ultra"- I'd say it was just shy of being an xtremelounge or an uberlounge.

On the third day we finally found a good table and a good dealer and we won lots of money, which we then spent to stimuhlate da ecomuhnee?

The End. Look at the fun pictures now.

http://picasaweb.google.com/evans.tucker/LasVegas2009#slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment