New Belt

Little stuff makes me happy...

I've been looking around for a new belt cuz the one I've got is too loose. I could punch more holes in it, but I don't like it that much - I've been looking for an excuse to get rid of it. My old favorite belt died on me a while ago. It was just a simple black belt with two rows of shiny silver grommets, but it started falling apart, so I trashed it. Ever since then I've been looking at belts whenever I find myself in a place that sells them. None of them have impressed me. I know there are cool belts out there - the world is a big place - so I started googling and I found all kinds of belts! Some were more than just belts and that aspect appealed to me. There were belts that were bottle openers, lighters, knives, etc. - all kinds of crazy stuff. So it came down to a decision: I could go with the awesome, highly illegal Gypsy Belt or the equally awesome, more practical 686 Snow Toolbelt. Hmm...

 Gypsy Belt686 Snow Toolbelt
Pros
  • Stabbin' suckas!
  • Handmade/unique.
  • Opens bottles.
  • Can take damn near anything apart with it!
  • Affordable.
  • Won't cause arguement with wife!
  • Safe to wear near man parts!
  • Unlike deadly water, it's TSA approved!
Cons
  • Only takes apart people.
  • Accidental castration?
  • Not airport/cop friendly.
  • Expen$$$ive.
  • Wife may stab me with it for buying it...
  • No stabbing. :(
  • Doesn't contain the word "gypsy".
  • Made by snowboarding company. (All snowboarders are posers?)
  • I'm a poser for wearing snowboarding toolbelt?


So, I decided on the 686 belt. As an added bonus, when I went to order it, I found out that there was a 14K gold-plated one with the same double-row of grommets that my old belt had! Yay! I love gold. Dunno why. Maybe it's in my blood... I'm half-Ecuadorian, so I've got Spanish/ancient Incan blood running through my veins. And my other half is generic British, so maybe I've got some Irish-leprechaun-pot-o-gold blood in me too... Who knows. I also like grommets. They're holes, which are normally structural defects, but then they're made of metal, which is structurally strong... Too much analysis? Yup...

I got a new belt!

2 comments:

  1. yay for smart belt decisions! i would have been worried that the gyspsy belt might cause some unwanted cutting-off of man-parts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude snowboarding is awesome. I don't know what you're talking about! :P

    ReplyDelete