Crackpot Theory

I got sick again last Saturday right after I spent all morning cleaning out the garage. It was the same thing I always get: sinus pain and a fever. I thought removing my tonsils would solve this issue, because I used to always get really bad tonsillitus as well. It didn't. I suspect I have Cedar Fever - a histamine reaction basically.

On Tuesday I was still home sick, and the puppy escaped. I had been letting him out to do his puppy business unsupervised. I had checked the fence earlier for holes, not thoroughly apparently. When he didn't come back in after a few minutes, I went out to check on him. He was gone. I thought, "maybe he came back in when I wasn't looking?" So, I checked the house - gone. I went back outside and started calling him and I hear some rustling on the other side of the fence! I got a step stool and put it up against the fence and I saw him! I got some Beggin' Strips and tried to lure him back to no avail. So, I bit the bullet and decided to just hop the fence barefoot. I didn't want to let him out of my sight while I went to put on some shoes... Bad idea. Right after I got over the fence I stepped ankle-deep into a massive ant pile. I saw my foot covered with ants and brushed most of them off. The I went throught some thick brambles after that and he finally decided to come to me. So, I picked him up and walked back through the massive ant pile (there wasn't really a way around it.) With more ants chewing on my foot, I climbed the fence and dropped the puppy over the other side. I brushed the ants off again and climbed over. And shortly afterwards... I was fine! My allergies were gone. My throat stopped tingling. My fever went away. Amazing! I suspect that my body had some better stuff to throw a histamine fit over - the ant bites - and so it forgot about my sinuses! Crack theory? Yeah. Gonna stick my foot in an ant pile again next time I get sick? Hell yeah! Hehehe.

2 comments:

  1. Huh, this is very interesting. It does make sense that you could maybe overload your system to the point that it gives up on one reaction to take care of something it deems more pressing...I wonder if you need more antbites per how severe your cold/allergies are? You need to hook up with some weird homeopathic doctor and test this out...you could make a fortune on your new ant therapy for allergies!!!! Even if it doesn't work very well, people love natural remedies, and that's about as natural as it gets! You could have a bunch of ant farms, and make a whole science out of strategically using different types and different numbers of bites for different allergies. It would be like how they used to use leeches to bleed people, only less likely to cause accidental death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. Can I have your ants? Oh, wait, that's funnier when spoken. Ok, have Andrea ask you that and see how funny that is. "Can I have your ants?" ha!

    ReplyDelete