Day 8: Athens and the Acropolis

I slept in finally! In a real bed! No schedule. No wake up calls. Very nice...

I climbed to the top of the Acropolis at noon - it was VERY hot - I'm an idiot. Not much to report other than it was lots of heat, lots of walking, and lots of teenage tourists being obnoxious and loud. I went back to the hotel and took a nap after the Acropolis.

Later on, I attempted to experience the Greek night life by going to Gazi (an area with lots of bars, cafes, and music, so I was told), but I was mostly tired and lame and had no friends so I didn't really do anything. Travelling alone in a large city isn't very fun I've decided. It seems that I get lost everywhere I go in Athens. The streets are very sneaky and poorly labeled. And when they are labeled, it's in Greek, heh. I was able to find a big event in Gazi. It was the last day of the Synch music festival. There was a block that was lit up all weird and I heard trance-like electronic music coming from inside. I finally found the crowd (and the entrance), but tickets were something like 50 euro, which I didn't have on me and may not have spent even if I did have it. So, I just loitered near the entrance with a crowd of people and street food vendors for a bit. Then I went back toward the metro entrance and at at some restaurant called Pasta La Vista. Quite possibly the best spaghetti arribiata I've ever had. At least Greece has good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment