Day 7: Athens

I took a plane to Athens this morning. We got to the airport early because my mother had an earlier flight. When we (Luisa, Ilya, and I) finally arrived in Athens I hung out at the airport for a little bit to keep them company and because I was tire and not quite ready to explore a new city yet. They were flying to Chios, a Greek island... somewhere... in the ocean. After a little while, I got bored and ditched em.

I had spoken to a Greek guy on couchsurfing.com earlier and he said that Syndagma Square was cool and had free wireless Internet access, so I went there because I needed to get online and search for a hostel or hotel. After a short search I decided to walk to some place called "Easy Hotel Hostel". I wandered around for a long time, carrying my full backpack, unable to find this place, and I wore myself out. I've been tired a lot the last few days anyway because I'm feeling sick - probably because my butt keeps pooping out all my precious bodily fluids and nutrients (I have diarrhea!) So, I went back to Syndagma Square and worried a little bit about where I was gonna sleep tonight. I looked up some more hotels, WROTE DOWN NAMES AND ADDRESSES, and then started making calls. Most were full. Finally I found one that was available. I got a taxi, and the driver told me that he could find a better hotel for me that was less expensive, so whatever, I let him. I ended up in a pretty decent place for 60 euros per night - expensive, but not that bad compared to the other places I was finding.

I'm pooped.

No photos today.

No comments:

Post a Comment