Project Idea: Korobeiniki Ring

I've had the Tetris song stuck in my head for awhile now - at least a week. I've been whistling it and humming it at work while I'm wandering around the server room installing hardware. It's strangely appropriate... I just checked Wikipedia and apparently this song is actually called "Korobeiniki". The song is originally a Russian folk song about a peddler [possibly] getting lucky in a rye field with a girl named Katya! Interesting trivia, right? The song we all know from a video game is actually a love song. So, the last line of the song is about how the girl leaves and only takes one turquoise ring, which made me think, "how cool would it be to make a Tetris-themed turquiose ring?" I searched around and found some cube-shaped turquiose beads on Amazon. All I need is a ring base to mount them on. I really like the idea... Maybe I should draw it up and actually do it? I will try to get the motivation...

While we wait for that, check out this video:

Russian folk song "Korobushka" - Mikhail Smirnov and ensemble Barynya

No comments:

Post a Comment