The IT Aura and Other Phenomena

I've discovered that I have an "IT aura". Whenever I walk up to a computer, it starts working and whatever problems it had disappear. People always joke about this kind of stuff, but I think the fact that it is sort of a common knowledge phenomenon lends credibility to it.

In an unrelated incident, I went to Taco Cabana for lunch. I ordered a Chicken Fajita Cabana Bowl, but right after I ordered it I thought to myself, "I want steak, not chicken." However, I didn't bother correcting the order because I'd already placed it and I didn't want to break the monotonous trance of the drive-thru attendant by making her change the order. By amazing coincidence or rampant telepathy, she read the order back to me several seconds later in that familiar zombie-like drawl that all drive-thru people have, "That was a Steak Fajita Cabana Bowl, right?"

"Uh, yeah", I replied.

Amazing.

I'll try to document more of these as they happen. The world is full of stuff like this.

5 comments:

  1. its because their chicken and steak is the same meat - thats happened to me before and really you can't tell the difference sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think you have the inverse of my entropy aura. Remember back in the day how your computer would work just fine until I walked in the room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have the IT aura, back when I worked in the computer lab. I am convinced that all computers have formed a sentient network whose sole existence is to annoy the average user, but which bows in humbleness to those who it knows could disassemble it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happens to me all the time with cars. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS HAPPENNED AGAIN! I was at the counter inside this time. I ordered a chicken cabana bowl, but they totally gave me beef! The world is conspiring to make me beefier.

    ReplyDelete