Woman/Wedding Update

Most people that haven't seen me in a while ask, "how's the wedding planning going?" My answer: it's going really well! Almost everything is already done. We've got a site in Maui for the wedding, a minister, a photographer, a restaurant to have a small Maui reception. We've got a venue here in Austin for the big Austin reception. We recently found an awesome catering and decorating company. Andrea's got a dress - a very sexy dress apparently. Her dad doesn't really approve of it, which means I'll probably like it a LOT! Hehe. We've sent out the bulk of the save the date cards - I'm a slacker, so I'm still pushing out a few last stragglers.

Basically, there are just a few things left. I need to find a white beach-wedding kinda suit. I briefly checked out some stuff at Tommy Bahama - they say they'll have better selection in the Spring. It's surprisingly hard to find a white suit... I also need a man-ring. I find that I've been checking out other dudes' fingers to see what they're wearing, heh. I've tried a few on - my hand looks funny in a ring. No subtle anti-marriage sentiment there, I just have weird, skinny, pasty fingers. Usually I imagine rings on like... big, ham-handed, hairy, tan Italian fingers. Haven't decided on golden or silvery. Haven't decided on anything. There's a *plethora* of ring choices I need to make. Yes, I would say there's a plethora. I know what a plethora is.

I've been teaching Andrea HTML and CSS - she wants to create our wedding website herself. So far it's coming along well. She already knew some stuff, but in the process of actually putting a site together you inevitably have to troubleshoot all these weird layout problems and whatnot, and she's picking it up quick! She's smart as a whip! Smart as a tack! Smart as a whip covered with tacks! She doesn't like to show it though - damned if I know why. Maybe she's smarter than me and doesn't wanna embarrass me? Dunno. I jokingly tell her she has muffins in place of real human brains and we laugh. The idea of having 3 or 4 banana nut muffins steaming up the inside of your skull is so ridiculous that it's funny though... at least it is to us.

We still need to get invitations made or make them ourselves. I still need to find some fire-spinners for the Austin reception! Oh, and stock up on fireworks - you're welcome to bring those. We also need to start stockpiling liquor. We were thinking of just hitting up the liquor store every weekend until we get married and buying a bottle or two. We've already paid for almost everything else.

So, the wedding planning is going well and Andrea is awesome! Consider yourself updated.

2 comments:

  1. Micah spins fire. He's nuts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Has this wedding happened yet? I know that my children DO NOT keep in touch with anyone including me. So, let your auntie in east Texas know what's going on. email at betsyt@suddenlink.net if you're brave enough.

    ReplyDelete